Isn’t it annoying when even after spending all your money on expensive skincare items and time-consuming facials, your skin still appears to look dirty and oily? Have you ever wondered what may be the genuine cause behind the dullness of your skin? Well, it is the build-up of makeup, creams, pollution, and dirt from the surroundings and mainly the dead skin flakes that make your skin dry and pale. However, one can easily get rid of these complications by simply following an efficient skincare routine and making some products a compulsory part of daily lifestyle.
Now, what is this skin care routine and why is it so necessary for us? There are three foremost steps that form the basis of a simple skin care routine that helps in keeping your skin healthy and maintained and reduce signs of aging, wrinkles, weariness caused by the polluted environment, etc. Those three steps are:
1. Cleansing- washing your face should be our top priority. It is advised to cleanse the face two times a day to avoid clogged pores and dull skin complexion. A face wash is commonly used for oily and acne-prone skin types whereas cleansers are suitable for people who possess dry, sensitive or eczema-prone skin.
2. Toning- a toner is used to unclog pores and freshens up our skin by removing dead cells and boosting hydration. A toner is useful when it is applied after cleansing as it helps in getting rid of residual dust, built-up oil on the skin, and remaining makeup left on the skin.
3. Moisturizing- moisturizers play a vital role in preventing our skin from dehydration. It also keeps our skin smooth and soft. Moisturizing can be done before applying any makeup to the face and it must be done after washing face or hands every time to keep the skin damp. There are many lotions and creams that serve the purpose of a moisturizer such as a sandal cream that not only hydrates the skin but also nourishes it.
Besides, following a regular skin care routine people should also look out for the factors that are hazardous for their skin. Numerous skin problems can also be prevented if you invest in basic and simple tips to protect your skin. Some of the basic tips to nurture healthy skin are:
1. Protection from the sun- longtime exposure to the sun can be the reason behind several skin issues as well as it can increase the risk of skin cancer. Use sunscreen whenever going outside and re-apply it after two hours when necessary.
2. Quit smoking- along with already being harmful to one’s health, smoking can cause a person to appear older and form wrinkles on the face. Smoking also destructs the fibers that provide strength and elasticity to our skin.
3. Be gentle- although hot showers are relaxing but they can leave our skin dry and sensitive. It is better to use warm water instead followed by the use of moisturizing body wash to take care of the dry skin.
4. Healthy diet- fruits and vegetables contain vitamins and antioxidants that are essential in keeping our skin hydrated, young and soft. Drinking sufficient amounts of water is also an efficient way to keep our skin healthy and maintained.
5. Enough sleep- adequate sleep contributes in getting rid of puffy eyes and wrinkles on one’s face. The dull complexion caused by insufficient sleep goes away once a person starts sleeping regularly.
Homemade remedies for beautiful skin!
There are also homemade remedies to nourish the skin and smoothen it with natural herbs. Whether your skin problem revolves around sensitivity, pimples, acne, dark spots, wrinkles and much more, they all can vanish with the help of some worthwhile skin care remedies. From the use of natural oils to keep your skin moisturized to sandalwood remedy to treat acne and enhance complexion, everything comes in handy once you start using them. For the time being, here are some important elements that we come across in our daily lifestyle and they are actually beneficial in treating our skin problems.
Honey is an effective and key ingredient that can be added in any skincare mask to attain hydrated and moist skin. As honey contains antimicrobial traits, it proves to be helpful against skin infections.
Turmeric is not only an anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial component but it also possesses the quality of maintaining skin tone and softening cracked skin.
Lemon juice works as an anti-bacterial and anti-aging agent as well as it revives the skin tone.
With increasing awareness and development all around, people are now conscious about looking after their skin and maintaining it. Be it with the help of skin-friendly products or DIY remedies, one can easily get rid of problematic skin issues by following some necessary rules.